Corporate Social Responsibility
Our award winning Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program plays an important role within our company, and has already raised thousands of pounds for our chosen charities.
Every year our staff nominate a charity that is near to their hearts, and we undertake a whole host of fundraising activities to support this good cause. We have done everything from fun runs and clothes sales to bake offs and quiz nights, with everyone getting involved, including our Directors.
We also conduct a successful project with local school St Joseph's. In 2015 we ran a journalism program, where the children wrote their own print and broadcast news stories, and in previous years we have conducted a program based around the popular BBC show, The Apprentice. Children were encouraged to develop business ideas and then present them to Sapphire’s CEO, Ian Caswell. This program has previously won a coveted Heart of the City Award.
Sapphire's CSR Program
As part of our extensive program we offer employees:
- An opportunity to join the Sapphire Choir, with lessons from a qualified music teacher
- An extra half hour for lunch for staff donating blood
- A volunteer day policy that permits staff to take one day off a year to volunteer
- Opportunities within our community including a reading / maths program and a Bi-annual project with a local school
- We have a CSR committee which runs a variety of events throughout the year
- Matched funding policy - If our staff are undertaking a fundraising event for another charity we will match the amount raised up to £100 per person
- Ride to Work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Reduced gym membership
- we recycle all waste INCLUDING food waste
In addition, Sapphire Systems has a turn off your computer at night policy and have lights that automatically turn off if the office is unoccupied. Global Action Plan is currently working with us to create a strategy to reduce our carbon emission.
Our chosen charity – 2017
This year we had a tie for our charity of the year, so we are supporting two great causes.
ChildHope is an international children's charity supporting street and working children. Working with local partners in Africa, Asia and South America, ChildHope listens to children and actively involves them in finding solutions to transform their futures.
The Bumblebee Conservation Trust
The Trust was established because of serious concerns about the plight of the bumblebee. In the last 80 years UK bumblebee populations have crashed. The charity is working to save these much-loved insects that pollinate our crops and wildflowers.